Saturday, June 8, 2013

Get to know me: The Beauty Blogger Tag!!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

This morning I was reading through some of Emily Eddington's blogs on Beauty Broadcast, here is her link, go check her out! http://www.beautybroadcast.net She is one of my favorite beauty guru's on YouTube. While reading through some of her blogs I found this tag and thought WOW that would be a great, fun way for all of you to get to know me. It is quite long but there are some really great questions in it. Here we go!

 1.     Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
 At the moment my hair is wavy/curly. More so wavy than curly, I will get the tight ringlet curls around the nape of my neck and surrounding hairline (especially when it's wet). Growing up it was always very long and stick straight but as I have grown older it has become more wavy.

2.   Do you dye it yourself or go to a Salon?
My hair is 100% color free as of now. I have in the past colored my own hair when I was young and didn't really care if it came out brassy or with green undertones!! I haven't had "natural" hair in so long I decided that I wanted to grow/cut all the dye out and start over. I couldn't believe how dark my hair naturally was!! When I do feel I need to change it up I go to a Salon.

3.  Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I tend to wear the same style everyday for work, up in a ponytail or I use small clips to pull back the sides of my hair. I work in therapy and cannot stand for my hair to fall into my face, also in my line of work there are multiple times a day when I need to get extremely close to my patient, they may need help transferring or standing so it doesn't make sense to have this glamorous hair style that will most likely get messed up.

 4.  Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a Salon?
I have never been to a salon to get either a mani or pedi. Crazy I know but I just find it easier and cheaper to just do it at home!

5.  How often do you change your polish?
I change it quite often when I wear a colored polish, usually every week. I feel sometimes I can get up to two weeks before changing with clear polish. I have not tried the gel manicures sets that are out there, I hear you can get up to 2+ weeks out of it so  I plan on trying it out soon!

6.  Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I rarely paint my toes in the winter. The only time I do is if I have to attend an event that requires my toes to peek out in heels.

7.  How long does it take to put on your makeup?
That can greatly vary for me. Usually I like to take my time and that can take up to 35-40 min. It can take longer if I am trying a new technique and really want play with the look. I do not like to be rushed but I am able to do a very simple look in about 10 min from start to finish if I have to!

8.  What do you do first face or eyes?
I always do my face first. I usually start with the foundation then I go to the eyes without finishing the face, I like to let the foundation work its way in. Then after the eyes are finished I complete my face with powder, blush, highlight/contour then I go to the lips. Odd way to do things but that is just the way I have always done it!!
   
9.  Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I am most definitely a collector.  Makeup is a passion of mine that makes me extremely happy, I enjoy sitting down to my vanity and coming up with new looks using many colors. I wouldn't be able to let my creativity fly with a few neutral colors. I also want to begin free lance work in my free time and I need to have a large collection to meet the need/want of any future client.

10.  How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I love false lashes however I only wear them when I am going out or when I need to be dolled up. I usually wear the demi wispies or the corner lashes just to give my natural ones a little something at the ends. I have small eyes so I don't usually go very dramatic because they take over my entire eye up to my brow! I love the look of them though.

11.  Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No, I either put my foundation on with some subtle liner and mascara or go makeup free for work. On weekends or whenever I feel like playing around with my makeup I do a full face.

12.  Do you wear makeup when your home alone or with family?
If I am just chilling out home alone then no unless I am filming or posting new looks on the blog. If I am out and about with family/friends then yes I want to look presentable and it just makes me feel good as it does every girl. :)

13.  Will you leave the house without makeup on?
Yes I do all the time!

14.  How many high end products do you have?
I have some high end but not nearly as much as I do drugstore. I love drugstore products just as much as the high end and can even find some drugstore products that are similar if not better than some high end for a fraction of the price. Score!

15.  Do you plan your OOTD every night or when you're getting ready?
I wear scrubs 4/5 days a week for work so there is no planning needed. I am usually a tee and jeans type girl but will pre-plan an outfit if I am going out on the town or somewhere special.

16.  How often do you change your handbag?
I do not have many handbags so I tend to stick with my neutral crossbody for everyday wear. I will change it up for special occasions.
   
17.  What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
When my boys have school I wake up around 6am. I am more of a night owl so I go to sleep late, usually around midnight/1am. In the summer I will wake up for work around 8 am and go to sleep around 1am. I know I should be getting more sleep but I have a hard time winding down sometimes and when I  get into something related to makeup which is A LOT, I lose track of time. Haha

18.  How often or when do you workout?
For the last 2+ years I have been zumba-ing x2 wk (tues and thurs). I absolutely adore zumba and find it a very fun way to work out without feeling like working out but lately I have been spending more time outside rather in the gym. I have also recently began running, I am not a runner so we will see how long it lasts!

19.  Left or right handed?
Right but when I was in 5th grade I really wanted to be left handed like my sister so I only used my left hand. I am now ambidextrous but use my dominant hand most.

20.  How tall are you?
5'3

21.  Do you speak any foreign languages?
I can speak some spanish, I took it in high school and have friends who are fluent that speak to me and try to sharpen my skills but I am far from fluent.

 22.  How many pets do you have?
Two, an english bulldog named Min-Min and a cat named bonham.

23.  How often are you on Blogger?
Everyday, I am new to the blogging community so I like to read others posts and get tips and tricks of my own. I  will be posting frequently and adding video tutorials so continue to check back!!

 24.  Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I try to, it is always nice to see what others think and what feedback they can give. You never stop learning!

 25.  Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
If there are multiple items I would like to try I will write it down in a notebook that I keep for things to try/review. I have the worst memory it seems a times so it is vital that I write it down!!

26.  How did you come up with your blog name?
That's easy! It is my name. When I started my blog and YouTube channel I wanted a name that was easy and people could remember. So,  I put in variations of my name and this one was available, which is perfect because I prefer people to call me Jess vs. Jessica. 

 27.  What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use a Sony DSC-H50 or my phone. My Sony has been around for quite a few years now so it may be time to upgrade.

28.  How often do you clean your house?
I pick up when needed but for a overall deep clean once a week. I have a teenage son and a pre-teen son that help out with daily cleaning so it's not too bad. It teaches the boys responsibility and I get help with the chores. :)

29.  What is your favorite color?
Purple, it has always been my favorite since childhood and never changed. I prefer certain shades of purple though. My favorite shade is the lavendar/lilac but all the purple shades are gorgeous!

30.  Do you swear?
I really try not to but it does slip out from time to time.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Today my youngest son, Corbin, is having his best friend stay the night so we will be going to the local skating rink for some fun in about an hour, as for Caleb, my oldest, he went to his best friends house for a sleep over. After the rink I will be doing laundry and preparing for our upcoming vacation to Gulf Shores, AL in a week! YAY for the beach!!!!

Oh my! That was a loooooong tag! Now I tag all of you. Have a wonderful day/evening/night what ever your in, until next time!!

<3 Jess

                            

 


No comments:

Post a Comment