Thursday, June 27, 2013

Urban Decay Haul/Review from Hautelook

Happy Thursday!!!

Good evening my lovelies!!

Two days ago my Urban Decay haul came in from Hautelook and I thought I would share with you what I got and give you my review with a "my look" pic. I purchased the following palettes: Mariposa, Ammo, and Deluxe Shadowbox. I also picked up two glide on cheek tints in score and quickie, and the De slick oil controlling setting spray and All nighter long lasting setting spray (trial size).
If you are not familiar with Hautelook you should be, you can check out the website here.. www.hautelook.com. Hautelook is a site that sells everything from handbags to clothing, hair products to cosmetics and I believe even homegoods but I rarely venture out from the beauty section so don't take my word on that!! They constantly have amazing deals and when I say amazing what I actually mean is AH-MAZ-ING! Discounts can be up to 75-80% off on certain items!! There can be long shipping waits but hey if you can get a blush that retails at $24. for $6 you wait! Also the sales are for limited times (usually a week I believe) but if you sign up you will be kept up to speed with what is in the horizon and what sales are ending soon. This sale is obviously over but you can still find good deals out there. Urban Decay (www.urbandecay.com) has Quickie (blush tint) for $6 which normally retails for $24 under the sale tab, they also have the Ammo palette for $12 (retails for $38) and the Deluxe Shadowbox palette for $10 (retails for $38). Amazon (www.amazon.com) has the Mariposa palette for $27.45, Ammo for $21.25 and the Deluxe Shadowbox for $17.45.

The Swatches
first up the Mariposa palette. The swatches are in order as they are in the palette. For those that are familiar with UD I won't need to explain the color payoff. For those that do not know....OMGosh!!!! UD is known for their super silky, smooth, easily blendable eyeshadows that pack an amazing punch with color payoff. All of my swatches were done without the use of a primer so a little goes a LONG way with these palettes.

Top left to right are: Rockstar, Gunmetal, Skimp, Infamous*, Wreckage*. Second row: Haight, Money, Mushroom, Spotlight*, and Limelight*. Those starred are new colors to Urban Decay. As you can see in this palette all the colors have a shimmer to them, eventhough Skimp looks matte in the picture don't let it deceive you, it's not.

Next up: Ammo palette-I really thought the design of this packaging was so cool!



Top left to right: Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper. Second row: Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. This palette was designed so that the colors are paired top to bottom to be matched two at a time, great for those new to makeup! Some colors in this palette are duplicates as well (naked palettes for example). The colors in this palette are shimmery but some have glitter (oil slick, grifter, polyester bride, maui wowie, and chopper).

The Deluxe Shadowbox palette

Top left to right: Fishnet, Honey, Ransom. Second row: Graffiti, Zero, Peace. Third row: Shag, Scratch, and Underground. This palette has 9 of the bestselling shadows in it. I love the fun colors in it! The colors have a metallic/satin finish to them. Lovely-just lovely.

The Blushes

Left to right: Quickie and Score. I liked these a lot but they just didn't give me the "wow" factor in pigmentation that I was expecting from looking at them in the packaging. They start out sheer for just a kiss of color or can be built up for more intensity. In the swatch I had to do a couple of swipes over each to get the intensity shown, though quickie required less swipes to achieve the color payoff as score did.

The Look
I used the Meriposa palette and Quickie cheek tint for my look. Here is a list of products I used for my full face look: foundation-Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Buff,  face primer- Too Faced Primed and Poreless, concealer- Nyx Above and Beyond full coverage, cheeks/contour- Physician's Formula Happy booster in Natural and Wet-n-Wild  Bronzer in Bikini Contest, lips- Elf lip exfoliator, lip liner- Rimmel exaggerate liner in Innocent, lipstick-Essence in Creamy Nude, and gloss-Revlon lipgloss in Foiled, mascara-top lashes Revlon Lash Potion, bottom lashes-Maybelline Lash Discovery (waterproof). 

I achieved this look by starting with my urban decay primer potion over my entire lid to the brow bone and under my lower lash line. I started the look using Wreckage over my entire lid while pulling it up slightly into the crease near the outer V. I then took Skimp as a transition color to my brow, I also used it as a duct and brow highlight. Next up was Rockstar, I placed it in my outer V blending it up subtly through the crease. Infamous was placed just above Rockstar and was blended through to make a nice gradient look and through the crease. To finish the look off I used Limelight in the center of my lid to make it pop and pulled Rockstar down below my lower lashes and smudged it out. Rockstar was also used with a pushliner brush for my eyeliner. In my waterline was Rimmel's Scandaleyes in Nude.


 Conclusion?
Overall I was very pleased with the outcome of this look. I loved how purplish it came out (purple is my favorite color) and how nicely it blended with the goldish tones to create a fun summery look. I love, love, loved this palette!

 As for the other two palettes I will be posting a "my look" soon until then keep an eye out for my upcoming ELF haul/review. Thank you soooo much for spending this time with me. I hope it was helpful!! Until next time!!

<3
Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment