Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to: Achieve the perfect brow for any face shape!!

It's Tips and Tricks Tuesday!!


Good evening my lovelies!


Sorry for the late post I went to the gym today after work and was zumba-ing my booty off! I haven't been to the gym in a couple of months (I wanted to spend my time outside with my boys), anyway my instructor Katie is a friend of mine and today was her last class with us so I just had to come out and show my support one last time.  We had a great time and there were many pics taken after. We will really miss her! Tonight I decided this tip will be a quick one. Everyone wants to achieve the perfect brow but many do not know where to start. Questions begin to pop up: how do I know the right shape for my face? Where should I begin and stop my brow? Where does the arch go?  It is soo easy, keep reading!
I have been using this format for many, many, many years now. The only thing I do differently is I take the line (B) from my nose through the middle of my pupil to achieve my arch. You also have the option to draw a line across connecting (A) and (C) to have your brow start and stop on the same horizontal plane.

How to prep the brow

I always start with a little clear brow gel to lay the hairs down and all in one direction. Then you take a pencil or a thin brush and place it on the outside of the nose and point it straight up to the brow. It should follow the length of your nose and duct. Like this.
Next keeping the brush against your nose use a eyeliner pencil or felt tip liner and place a dot. Keeping the brush against your nose angle the tip to cut straight through your pupil and place a dot where the tip of the brush ends. That will become your arch.
Lastly, continue with the brush against your nose; now angle it to go to the outer corner of your eye and up to the brow. Where the tip stops place a dot. This is where your brow should end.
Using your pencil/felt tip liner place a dot directly above the dots you previously made over the top of the brow. This makes your rough outline. It should resemble something like this.
Now that you have your dots, connect them!
Any thing outside of that line you need to pluck. As you can see my brows are too thin so I have to fill mine in. I am trying to grow them back in but it is taking a long time. :( If you do not feel comfortable doing this then I recommend you go to a professional to have them done.

Once your finished plucking simply wash away the liner, unless you like that look. Haha. I normally use a white  or peachy colored liner  for my outline and dotting but that wouldn't show up in the pictures so I chose to go with the black. Sorry I wasn't more put together in the pictures, I had just come home from the gym. My face is still red! Dedication!

I hope this was helpful! Have a wonderful night! Until next time!!!

<3
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment