Monday, July 15, 2013

Amore Mio eyeshadow pigments/ Stila Glaze lip liner review/Tophatter Haul!!

Happy Monday!!!


Good evening my lovelies!


My Tophatter haul FINALLY arrived!!! I  bought 9 Stila Glaze Lip Liners for $15 and the Amore Mio eyeshadow pigments assorted 9 stack D for $5!!!! As always I hunt around before I bid to see what the retail is so I know what not to go over in a bidding war. I always try to not bid higher than half the retail price. I found stila lip liners going anywhere from $8 per pencil to $11.  I also found that there are a lot of discounted makeup websites that all have different prices so I checked the stila website and could not find them. Sooo I am guessing they are discontinued?? As for the Amore mio I couldn't find their website on google..strange!?? However, I did find it on ebay for $9.99 for 2 shadow pigments. Here is a look at my haul!

I will start with the Stila lip liners first. Obviously I haven't had a chance to try all 9 but I did use the red shade over the weekend. I lined my lips and then filled them in and placed a Milani lipstick overtop and OMG it lasted literally all night. I had to reapply my lipstick but the liner lasted and lasted, they seemed to stain my lips. They apply smoothly which was great and were not really drying. One thing I DID NOT like was that they are not retractable; so I will eventually have to sharpen them. UGH! I was happy with the variety of colors. All are very wearable with the exception of the lavender. Anyone want it?! LOL.

Lip Liner Swatches

Swatches from L-R are: Plum, Fuscia, Lavender, Brick, Melon, Red, Pink, Brown, and Mocha.
I absolutely adore the Melon shade, it is sooo gorgeous!! I wore the Red but it came off  pink on my lips.

All About Amore Mio

Like I said earlier I bought stack D. When I bid on it I didn't realize that the picture was the actual product since it was labeled as assorted and sometimes a general pic is tossed up. Anyway if I had paid attention I would have chosen stack A or E. This stack has some phenomenal colors (the burgundy and champagne) but it is very blue heavy and I rarely ever wear blue and when I do it's usually a accent color or a liner. Stack A and E have very earthy/neutral colors and are on the darker end, perfect for the night out smokey eye. Ok so Amore Mio has some hefty claims-- they are formulated with 100% natural and organic pigments to create an amazing effect that lasts all day and night. Stop right here. I wore the burgundy color  over my lid and in my crease with the champagne as tear duct/brow highlight on saturday day going shopping with a friend. These colors stayed on all day even in the surface of the sun heat and all night and the next day. Yes, I fell asleep with my makeup on and it was still going strong the next day!! 

 The features: will not crease, clump, fade or smear and is easily removed with soap and water or with a milk cleanser. Contains 24K gold, is hypoallergenic, paraben free, fragrance free and oil free. For me, it did not crease (which is saying something, I have very oily lids and did NOT use a primer) fade or smear and I slept in it..my mascara and eyeliner were all over my face but the shadow was not! I was impressed. I was able to remove it rather easily with a makeup remover towelette, no milk cleanser required. It also states that the 24K gold will assist your skin to fight free radicals, reduce inflammation, increase blood flow and recreate broken cellular connections. See!!! VERY BIG CLAIMS! Does anyone know if 24K gold actually does those things? I am not saying it doesn't but for how little gold actually goes in and how finely ground it is I can't imagine that it actually does but that's just my opinion.

Designed for over 7 usages:
  • use by itself as an eyeshadow
  • moisten brush for a creamy eyeshadow
  • mix with black or clear mascara to make a colored mascara to highlight the eyes
  • add to lip gloss or balm to create customized lip colors
  • use with eyeliner brush to create high intensity eye definition
  • add to nail polish to create own unique color
  • mix with blush to create new shades
On tophatter it says the MSRP is $58.11, Here are the swatches of the shadows. The first two are of the shades dry without a primer underneath and the last photo is of them applied wet. The colors are from L-R as they are shown above in the stack.


As you can see the color pigmentation is great, especially when wet! What I did not like about the stack was the stacking container itself. It really sucks! I like the idea of stacking them for storage space but how the stacking was designed is awful! What I mean is they all screwed into one another and the one on top was also the lid to the one below. You can not store them separately because the only one with a lid would be the top one. If it were me I would have packaged them as individual pots that could have the option to link up to the next. It was just frustrating and when I wanted to open the next pot I had to be very careful as the others wanted to come unscrewed as well. Boo!

The Look

I couldn't do a look for you guys this time, my allergies are out of control and my eyes will not tolerate anything at all. I couldn't even put my contacts in! I'm sorry!! But if you want to see a look using the pigments let me know and I will as soon as my eyes behave themselves!

Conclusion

I adore the stila lip pencils and am very happy with them!! As for the Amore Mio pigments since I bought them for only $5 I can't complain too much. The pigmentation is great and it did what it claimed to do as far as the not creasing, fading or smearing. As for the other claims..only time will tell I guess. I love the actual product but the way it is packaged really turns me away. I hate it!! If I can find a way to store it differently then I will be soo much happier. I will probably still buy the Stack A and E pigments but will definitely have to work on a storage solution. Anyone have any ideas??? 

I hope this was helpful and thank you so much for spending this time with me. Tomorrow is tips and tricks Tuesday so check back for the latest tip. Until next time!!

<3
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment