Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pixi soft focus fresh palette review/look

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Good evening my lovelies!

It has been un-seasonally chilly here in Northern Kentucky this week but GORGEOUS! Today was such a beautiful fall day...in the summer?!! Crazy!  Next week my oldest son, Caleb, turns 14 and since the boys will be on vacation with their dad in Washington D.C. we celebrated his birthday early this past saturday. I cannot believe I am old enough to have a child turning 14 and entering high school this fall...HIGH SCHOOL!! EEK!  Anyway, that was my weekend, how was yours?

Today I am reviewing the Pixi soft focus fresh palette. You can find the Pixi brand at any Target but I got this off Hautelook for $9.00. It retails for $34. If you are not familiar with Hautelook it is a website that sells brand names in clothing, makeup/hair/beauty tools, fragrance, and home goods for a discounted rate. Check them out here.  As you can see below the packaging is large, I can place my hand on top with my fingers spread and still not cover it. The look of it reminds me of a child storybook, so cute! It uses magnets to remain closed and when open it has a very large mirror. Now I do not personally care if my palettes have mirrors but some people do, if your one of those you will be delighted. This palette contains 12 shadows placed on the L and R side with the 6 blushes placed in the center. The 4 glosses line the bottom. Here is a look.

All of the products in this palette are based off full sizes if you were to buy them individually, which is really nice! The eyeshadow contains 12 x .8g/.028 oz of product, blush: 6 x 2.66g/.094oz, and lip gloss contains: 4 x 1.64g/.058 oz. Those are big!

SWATCHES

 The eyeshadow swatches are in same order as in the palette. The colors do not have names so I will go by rows. As you can see they all come off with good pigmentation and blend well. The shadows are a mix of matte, shimmer and metallic. You may think that the L side, second row, second shade has little pigmentation..wrong! It just blends perfectly into my skin tone. I even used a base under only that one and it still blended in. What can ya do? In my look I used the 1st row second color, 2nd row second color, and both 3rd row shades.

 The top two shades are highlights.  Second row first shade is a nice peach shade that also blended in well with my skin tone. I used a combination of the 2nd row second shade and 3rd row first shade in my look.
The glosses are also placed in order as the palette. All of the glosses are sheer and can somewhat be built up with the exception of the far left shade..it comes of quite sheer with a slight pink tint. They are comfortable to wear and are not too sticky. I used a combination of the two center glosses for my look and they blend well together.

THE LOOK


To start this look I used NYX concealer as a base. I then started at my browbone and placed the white as a highlight. I then picked up the matte brown shade (2nd row second shade) as my transition color, using a windshield wiper motion, I stopped this shade just before the crease. Using the dark brown shade (3rd row first shade) I placed it in my crease and slightly above using the same windshield wiper motion. I also used that color to pull down for my outer V and below my lower lashline. I then placed the peach shade (3rd row second shade) on my lid. For my corner highlight I used the same white shade as my brow bone. I used a peach color for my water line and black liquid liner for my top liner. I finished the eye look with mascara and lashes. For the cheeks I used a mix of the 2nd row second shade and 3rd row first shade. For the lips I lined the lips with Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in Innocent and then used a equal mix of the two middle glosses using a lip brush to apply.

CONCLUSION



I was very happy with how this look came out. It is a nice neutral look that can be used for day or work but can easily be transitioned into a night look. The colors gave a nice fresh, soft, natural look. I would recommend this palette for someone who doesn't wear make up much or just really enjoys a natural look. Myself, I can not get enough of natural/neutral colors, they are my go to look! This brand can be easily found at any Target, the price and the amount of product that you get makes it a great deal! It is more expensive than most drugstore but the quality, pigmentation and blend-ability makes up for that.

My son wanted a large icing cookie instead of a cake for his birthday
 It is sooo cute--and good! When I got to the store the selection was either fish or balloons and flowers. He didn't mind. Have you ever had one of these? OMG! De-lish!



I hope this review was helpful and as always thank you for reading and don't forget to follow this blog it makes me sooo very happy!

Until next time!!!

<3
Jess



1 comment:

  1. สล็อต ทดลองเล่น พร้อมอัพเดทเกมใหม่ทุกๆวัน เกมปัจจุบันของค่าย PG SLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ ได้เก็บมาไว้อยู่ที่นี้ให้ทุกคนได้ทดลองเล่นแล้ว แตกง่าย มาแรงอันดับ1เว็บเรา พีจีสล็อต

    ReplyDelete