Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DIY: Honey, extra virgin olive oil, and sugar face scrub!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Good Evening my lovelies!

I have decided to make Tuesday tips and tricks Tuesday. I will post a new DIY or a tip/tick for anything beauty related. This week is the honey, extra virgin olive oil, and sugar face scrub.



 I have been doing scrubs like this for a ages and they are freaking fantastic! It's a very inexpensive scrub, you probably have all the ingredients just hanging around in your kitchen.  Now what are you waiting for? Go scrub up!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 teaspoon of honey
  • 3 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 bowl
  • measuring utensils and cup
Mixing up the scrubbing gold

Measure out the extra virgin olive oil and place in your bowl (this step first is essential, it will keep the honey from sticking in the utensil) then measure the honey and add it to your extra virgin olive oil, and lastly add the sugar. Stir well! That's it! It should resemble something like this, a wet sand type consistancy.

How do I use this stuff?
 
Wash your face as normal and while you have a moist face remove a small scoop (I use a makeup spatula or my fingers) and rub it between your fingers to distribute the product. Using both hands rub the product into your face in an upward circular motion for appx 60 sec. I really try to target around my nose and cheeks since that is where I can become dry. Done scrubbing? Now just wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. I like to finish off with a ice cube and rub it over my face to close pores and tighten my skin. If you feel you need moisturizer now is the time to add it. 

What makes this scrub so great?

Honey is a natural anti-bacterial agent. It can also be used in minor cuts to improve wound healing. The extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer. It can also be a great eye makeup remover and the sugar is a sweet exfoliant. I find that this really works for me as I have combo/dry skin but can become more dry than combo and I do not need a moisturizer afterwards which is saying A LOT. My face normally straight freaks out if I do not immediately use a moisturizer after washing. It will work for all skin types but if you find that it is too oily for you then just cut the amount of oil you use in your recipe. I promise you afterwards your face will feel like a baby's butt! The first time I used this scrub I couldn't stop touching my face! I hope this was helpful! What are some of your favorite DIY beauty regimens? Until next time!!

<3
Jess

2 comments: