Sunday, July 7, 2013

Smashbox Heat Wave palette review/look

Happy Funday Sunday!!

Good evening my lovelies!



I hope you all had a good 4th with your family and friends. I went to my parents house, they threw a HUGE block party! It was a really good time with family, friends and fireworks :) Is it rainy where you are? It has been raining non-stop for what feels like weeks here and everything is flooding! EEK! Today has been our first full day of sun in a while and everyone is taking advantage of it and doing much needed yard work.

Today I am reviewing the Smashbox Heat Wave palette. I bought mine at Ulta for $48, it has a total net wt. of .59oz/17g. As always I search the web when I go to buy something trying to find the best deal around and this palette is $48 at every site I checked. Have you ever heard of www.tophatter.com? I just found out about this site and I am addicted! What it is, is a virtual auction house. I have so far only ventured into the beauty auctions but you can get some really amazing deals! I will post some of my "winnings" when I get them in, so look for a Haul/review soon!

The Palette


This palette comes in a really gorgeous gold/taupe-ish box, very sleek! It is difficult to open (or it was to me) so be prepared and hold on to it good! Inside it has 10 pretty amazing shades in a wet/dry formula. I love the shade range, there are so many color combinations! There are two matte shades (#1 and #3) that I used as transition colors for my look but can look nice as a lid color too. As for the rest of the colors they are shimmery. I have tried them wet and they go on soo smoothly and the colors pop like KA-POW in your face! To use them wet I recommend spraying one side of your brush with water or Mac fix+ and then flip the brush over for dry. The shadows are quite powdery and can have a lot of fallout so remember to tap that....brush! Pigmentation is good and they blend effortlessly into one another for a nice gradient fade. The palette also comes with a double ended brush, I really like the smaller end, it works perfectly for the duct area. Here is a closer look of it.

Swatches

As always I did not use a primer under them. So yeah, the pigmentation is really good. The swatches are in order as they are shown in the palette above. I usually can pick a favorite color pretty quick but with this palette I actually had difficulty deciding what combinations I wanted to use for the look.

The Look




I started this look with my UD primer potion (as always) and used my finger to pat Maybelline's Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded over the entire lid and into the tear duct. Also on my lid I used #2 shade and patted it over the entire lid and some into the outer crease. I then took #3 as my transition color and rocked it into my socket and just above the crease. Then using #10 I stamped it into my outer 1/3 of my lid and into the crease and outer V. BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! Above the #3 and #10 shades I placed #4 and used a windshield wiper/arch motion over top the entire area to make a nice fade into the #6 highlight color. To finish out the look I lined my eyes with Nyx slide-on glide on pencil in Brown Perfection and placed #5 right into the center of my lid with my finger. In doing so it dusted some color onto the liner and gave it a golden kiss, so lovely! I used #10 on a push liner brush and pulled it under my lower lashline and smudged it out and used the Nyx liner in my water line. Added lashes and mascara. On my lips I used Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey. It is a nice summery coral/orange-ish color that complimented the shadow so well.
Conclusion

I really like this palette! I do not like how powdery it was so be careful or you will waste product but the versatility of the colors to be either wet or dry kinda makes up for that, I think. The shadows are also decent sizes and have good color payoff, definitely worth the money! Overall it's a win to me!! I really hope this was helpful. Keep an eye out for the Maybelline Fit me review/look! OH! I just remembered I forgot to put up my June favorites...I blame the holiday! Keep an eye out for that too! Sorry!! Until next time!!

<3
Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment