Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Montagne Jeunesse masks/peels review

Happy Monday!!

Good evening my lovelies!

I hope you all had wonderful weekends. I had a great time, Friday my work gave out tickets to see the Cincinnati Reds, so all of my co-workers and I went up to see the game. It was a great night and the Reds won against the Pirates!!! Saturday I went to watch roller derby, it was my first time, and man it is exciting! If you have never seen one you should go!

So today I thought I would share some masks that I have been trying off and on for a couple of months now. I bought them at my Kroger for $1.99 ea. I purchased the Passion Peel Off, Virgin Olive mask, Mud Pac, and the Chocolate Masque. Here is a closer look:
Starting with the Virgin Olive mask, it is a Ultra Deep cleansing mask made with Olive oil and Shea Butter. The packaging reads : "Nourish with our cold pressed Virgin Olive Oil mud masque for soft and supple skin." The package contains .5oz that you apply to a clean face for 10-15 min and rinse off. I got 2 separate uses from this package. When I applied the mask I noticed it had a paint-ish smell to it that lasted the entire 15 minutes so if you are one who is sensitive to smells this is definitely not the mask for you. It goes on green with a smooth, thick clay like consistancy that dries to white. It felt tight on the skin as it dried like all do but it also seemed to tingle some. Rinsing it off was a nightmare! I felt I had to keep rinsing and scrubbing to get it off, afterwards it left me feeling dirty like there was a oily residue and it dried my face out! I had to use my cetaphil moisturizer for relief!

Passion Peel Off: this peel is for deep cleaning, purifying and protecting. Made with Pomegranate and passion flower. Packaging reads "Pulped pomegranate, passion flower, raspberry, grape, cranberry, and vitamin E are anti-oxidants that help protect skin, while pores get a deep clean peel-off." This came out very thin with a sweet, pleasant smell. I applied a thin layer and allowed the 15-20 min to dry. You are to peel this off, now I generally enjoy this process. Trying to remove the entire peel in one sheet. Did that happen? Heck no! It hurt like hell!! I felt as if I was having a full face waxing. Every tiny hair in my face was pulled out, I swear it! I gave up and quickly rinsed it off and was left with red, irritated skin. UGH! This package also left enough for a second application but I threw it out. No thank you!!

Mud Pac: This mask has .07 oz and is for ultra deep pore cleansing with anti-stress properties. Packaging reads: "We've harvested ultra deep cleansing Dead Sea Mud to draw out impurities and open blocked pores to leave skin feeling cleansed and soft." The consistancy of this was much like the Olive oil mask, a think, smooth texture. It applied easily but had a very strong smell. On the front of the package it shows a picture of lavender but the smell reminded me of my son's deodorant, not lavender. It gave a  pleasant cooling sensation and it removed very easily after 20 min but once it was off and my face was dry is when all the bad began. My face immediately reacted, became very red, dry, and itchy. I actually had a couple of hives!!! I am assuming it was from the strong fragrance. This package would have given me at least 3 uses but....another one for the garbage.

Chocolate Masque: This package also contained .7oz and is specialized for normal, dry and T-zone skin. It is for deep pore cleansing and to moisturize with cocoa and shea butter. The packaging claims to : "Nourish your skin with a feast of rich and creamy delights. Rich in natural ingredients this deep cleansing, chocolate mud masque will help to unblock pores, allowing impurities to be drawn out. Coupled with the skin healing properties of Dead Sea Salt, and the moisturizing benefits of Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter, you will be left with renewed, re-hydrated and younger looking skin." Whew, that is a hefty claim! When I initially opened the package I was instantly overcome with the delicious smell of chocolate! It truely smelled like I could pour it into my mouth which of course made me crave chocolate. Haha. The product was thick and smooth like the others and applied nicely. It dried to a light brown hard shell like mask in about 20 min that did required some scrubbing with a wash cloth to remove. It left my face slightly tightened and smooth. I also did not have any adverse reactions which was a bonus! I cannot say it left me looking any younger but the tightening did make me feel as if my skin were more youthful. This package gave me 3 uses which I happily used each one! Finally, one that I like!

All Montagne Jeunesse products are vegetarian and BUAV approved. BUAV approved means it can provide a guarantee of a cruelity free option where neither the product nor its ingredients have been tested on animals. I adore  that about this company. You will know if a product is BUAV approved by the picture of the bouncing bunny.

Conclusion
I will most definitely be purchasing the Chocolate mask again and again. As for the others? I think this post explains that. The masks are only $1.99 so it's okay if 2 or 3 didn't work, it won't break my bank. I only chose the four but there are many other ones that I haven't tried. I do plan on trying others, I seriously doubt that I will only like one. It just so happened that is how it came about with this purchase. Remember just because I had this reaction/feeling towards these products DOES NOT mean you will. You may like it. I have read many raving reviews on this brand so do not base your decisions on others/my reactions. Who knows you may love them! 

Remember tomorrow is tips and tricks Tuesday! Stay tuned to see how to apply mascara without leaving those unsightly marks on your lid and potentially ruining your shadow!! Also keep an eye out for a new review/look that I have been using for the last week. I will give you a hint...it is meant to be a full face palette and is in green packaging. Have any ideas which one it is??

I really hope this was helpful. Thank you for spending this time with me, I always appreciate it.

Until next time!!!

<3
Jess
provides a guarantee of a cruelty free option where neither the product nor its ingredients have been tested on animals - See more at: http://www.purpledot.org/mapping/faqs/animal-testing#sthash.LsAsYcpC.dpuf
provides a guarantee of a cruelty free option where neither the product nor its ingredients have been tested on animals - See more at: http://www.purpledot.org/mapping/faqs/animal-testing#sthash.LsAsYcpC.dpuf




No comments:

Post a Comment