Monday, July 8, 2013

June favorites

Happy monday!

Good afternoon my lovelies!

I am soooo sorry about blanking out on my June favorites! Dang holiday! When I sat down to do this blog it took me no time to know exactly which products I wanted to choose. I thought to myself, what do I grab for every day? These are the products that I currently absolutely cherish and my beauty routine would not be complete if a single one was missing! So without further ado here they are:
I will break them down into categories: Eye/brow, face, lips, brush, and scent. 

Face
  • foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped in shade 150 Buff
  • Blush: Physicians Formula Happy Booster in shade Natural
  • Cetaphil moisturizer for all skin types (not pictured) 
Eye/Brows
  • Brows: Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in 01 Light
  • Mascara: Revlon Lash potion in Black Noir
  • Liner: Nyx slide-on glide-on waterproof liner in Brown Perfection
Lips
  • Elf studio Lip exfoliator
  • Covergirl wetslicks in Guava splash
Brushes
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush
  • Sonia Kashuk no. 109 (blending brush)
Scent/Perfume
  • Escada Cherry In The Air

Why did I choose these products?
 
That is suuuuuper easy! I love them and when I say love I mean LOOOOVE them! I have been using the Cetaphil for months now and I honestly can say I cannot live without it! It goes on so lightweight and doesn't leave my skin feeling like a oil slick, it just absorbs right on in making me and my face happy! I have been really trying out multiple foundations lately and have just truly fell in love with the Revlon colorstay whipped, I grab it every single time! I love how creamy it is and blends like a dream without looking heavy while leaving a very natural matte skin finish. I have used it in every picture on all of my blog posts..take a look, what do you think?  As for the blush I just really like the color it puts off against my skin tone and I feel that it works with most looks I put together. 
 
I didn't choose a favorite eyeshadow simply because I just can't! I am using so many different ones at the moment I couldn't choose a single one overall that I found as my "I can't live without this at the moment shadow". For my brows I don't like using a pencil to fill them in, they are so thin it just looks drawn on and fake so I choose to use powder and the Milani brow kit's darkest color was perfect for me, plus it came with a brush, sponge applicator and tweezers! I use the tweezers as well for lashes and plucking! While shopping, I came across an endcap at Kroger and found the lash potion mascara and thought well I will give it a go and see how it is. OMG! I almost do not need false lashes!! It has a dry formula (but not too dry) and really extends my lashes out so far they fan my face..ok MAYBE they don't do that but pretty close! Liner? I love Nyx, I really haven't found anything I do not like from them but the slide-on glide-on do exactly what they say. It has such a nice smooth, creamy texture that just glides right onto my waterline or where ever I choose to put it. It is waterproof as well so I won't have to worry about it running down my face when I am a hot mess! I also have not had any issues with it fading or flaking. YAY!! Here are some swatches of the blush and the liner.

 
 My all time favorite of the bunch is hands down the lip exfoliator. I briefly spoke about this in my ELF haul and I am not kidding this tiny thing is practically magic in a lip scrub. I have the worst chapped lips at times and every morning I scrub this over them and they stay baby smooth all day! It was only $1 so you can't beat that!  If you haven't tried the covergirl wetslicks go try them. This one has a wonderful scent very fruity, it gives off a good shine and are comfortable on my lips! It does wear off but it's cool it is just gloss, go reapply that puppy!
 
I love to watch Pixiwoo on Youtube. You can find them here if your not familiar with them: Pixiwoo Youtube channel.  Sam and Nic are sisters who do amazing tutorials (go check them out!) and use the Real Technique brushes all the time..why? Because they ARE Sam's brushes. I almost have the entire line but I use the buffing brush the most. You can check out www.realtechniques.com to see tutorials on how to use the brushes. I found the Sonia Kashuk at target because I was on a hunt for a quality blending brush close to the MAC 217 but a fraction of the price. Now I don't know if it is a dupe for the 217 but I am happy with how it performs.
 
Lastly, my new perfume! I got this from a close friend of mine for my birthday. We were shopping together at Ulta when she told me about it. I immediately had to smell it and fell in love. I can't really describe the smell other than it has a sweet cherry smell but not over powering. It is simply delicious. Others must think so too because as I was checking it out I had another woman circling me like a vulture just waiting to snatch it up as soon as I put it down and even asked me about it(I had snapped up the very last one and had no desire to set it down). Regan being the sweet friend she is demanded that she buy it for me for my birthday!! I couldn't say no. If you have not heard of this perfume stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and head to Ulta or any fragrance shop immediately. You will love it!

Whew!! That was a lot longer than I had expected it to be. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Tomorrow is tip and tricks Tuesday so stay tuned for your next DIY or beauty tip. Thank you so much for spending this time with me. Until next time!!

<3
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment